To form part of the Green Deal Advice Service, to provide the technical delivery of Green Deal Assessments, in accordance with relevant Green Deal Framework requirements.
– Conduct energy assessments in a safe, effective and professional manner
– Prepare for energy assessments of domestic properties
– Undertake energy inspections
– Produce and explain Energy Performance Certificates relating to domestic properties
– Provide information to customers on the principles, financing and operation of the Green Deal
– Undertake occupancy assessments and give advice
– Prepare and issue domestic Green Deal Advice Reports
– Explain the Green Deal Advice Report to the domestic customer
– To operate in accordance with:
– The policies and procedures of Solarking UK
– The Green Deal Code of Practice
– The Specification for Organisations providing the Green Deal Advice Service (Version 004/2013, 17/06/2013)
– The requirements of Certification Bodies or Approved Organisations
– To assist the Green Deal Advice Service Administrator in pre assessing a Green Deal Assessment property visit, prior to visiting the property.
– To issue new Energy Performance Certificates after the installation of Green Deal Energy Efficiency Measures.
– Self-motivated and pro-active.
– Ability to work unsupervised.
– Well-presented professional appearance.
– Cheerful and friendly disposition.
– Able to work independently and also work well in a team.
– Shows initiative and enthusiasm.
– Good organisational skills and time management.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
– Experience and knowledge of the construction/building industry.
– Comprehensive knowledge of building services/fabrics/renewables/microgeneration and construction.
– Knowledge of planning policy and building regulations.
– Knowledge of the energy efficiency of buildings and related standards and legislation.
– Clear and confident communication, both verbal and written.
– Able to provide relevant advice to customers, which is clear, structured, relevant and appropriate.
– Good IT skills, including all Microsoft Office.
– Accuracy and attention to detail.
– Ability to prioritise tasks.
– Ability to assess, analyse and interpret data and information.
– Ability to interpret and understand technical and legal documents.
– A thorough understanding of the Data Protection Act and principles of confidentiality.
– Knowledge of the Green Deal Scheme and its objectives.
– Recognised Domestic Energy Assessor England & Wales or Scotland
– Have demonstrated competence against the domestic Green Deal Advisor NOS
Either by qualification; or By APEL
– Green Deal Advice Service Manager
– Green Deal Advice Service Administrator